Skip to main content

April Card Club–Blossom Kit

Hello again!  I am back today to share the cards that we will make at my April Card Club.  SPOILER alert!!!  We will be using brand new product from the Seasonal Expressions 2 Book to be released April 1.  No fooling!

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (1)

I can say hands down that this is one of the best Workshop On The Go kits because of the stamp set that comes in it.  (Just an FYI, I will  not be able to link you to some of the products for purchase because they won’t be available until April 1.)

Blossom Card WOTG Stamp Set 

This might be my favorite card in the bunch.  I was so excited that I remembered to apply a technique that has been around for a long time.  After stamping the popsicle images I applied some Liquid Glass on top of them.  Don’t they just look good enough to eat?

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (9)

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (10)

This card was a lot of fun.  The sentiment and flowers make it so versatile that it doesn’t have to be a birthday card. 

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (7)

The flowers are created with 7 different stamp images.  Which means you could easily recreate this with any color combination you wanted in a snap.

Also, can you see that circle around the edge of the “happy birthday” circle?  That’s Liquid Glass.

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (8)

This card design would be great to use some of those scraps that we all keep or washi tape or maybe a washi tape stamp image (ding ding – we have a winner).  The green and pink “strips” are stamped images that appear to look like washi tape.

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (5)

Can you see how the candles and flames look wet?  That’s the Liquid Glass again – so cool. 

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (6)

As I mentioned this is the Blossom Cardmaking Workshop on the Go Kit.  It comes with all of the materials needed to make 15 cards (5 each of the 3 designs shown above).

Since mother’s day and graduations are right around the corner I wanted to use the leftovers to create 2 more cards.  I used leftover materials from the kit, and simply added white card bases.

This card uses a brand new stamp set available April 1 called Diploma Day (B1480).

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (4)

This card uses a stamp set called Better with a Friend (D1608).  It is only available to hostess who have a party and receive hostess rewards.  Or to my Club Members, who can “purchase” it when they receive their club rewards.

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (2)

I used our Shin Han Touch Twin Markers and watercolor pencils to color this image. 

Cards 04 - CTMH Blossom WOTG Kit (3)

You too can join me in creating these cards.  We will make 17 cards in total (5 each of the first 3 designs and 1 graduation and 1 mother’s day). Even if you aren’t local, I can put together a kit for you including instructions and mail it directly to you.

So who wants to join in the fun?

Thursday, April 23 at 6:30pm

Sunday, April 26 at 2pm

Cost varies, but starts at $25 to make 17 cards (5 each of 3 designs; 2 each of 1 design)

Register by Thursday, April 9

If you can't make it to the workshop, I can put a kit together for you.  Add $5 if shipping applies, and $5 if you want it stamped.
Mark your Calendar for upcoming Card Club Dates:

May 28 & 31

June 25 & 28

 

Thanks for stopping by.

Jaime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June Card Club–Sympathy and Get Well

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  I hope you are taking some time this weekend to thank those that have fought for our freedom and remember those that lost their lives defending this country.  This weekend is so much more than bright sunny days, grilling food, and spending time with family.  I hope you enjoy every aspect of it. Perhaps these cards can also brighten your day. These are the cards that we will create at my June Card Club on Thursday, June 30 from 6:30-9:30pm . Per requests from my regular attendees, I chose to focus on sympathy and get well cards. This card features a retired stamp set, Kiss It Better , but I really wanted to use it. I love how the band-aids act as closures to the ripped card front. This card is much easier than it looks.  The flower is just circles that have been folded.  I added a stem from our Artiste Cricut collection (which is retiring on July 31 by the way). Having a bad day? This card is sure to brighten it and give you some encouraging wo

June Stamp of the Month Blog Hop–Ice Cream Dream

Yeah!  I am finally getting a chance to participate in another blog hop.  We have 50 Close to My Heart Consultants participating in this month’s Stamp of the Month Blog Hop .    If you lose your place along the way the complete list of participants can be found here.   If you have come here from Kathleen Androlewicz’s Blog you are on the right path. The June Stamp of the Month is entitled Ice Cream Dream (S1506) (Set of 7). Here is a picture of this stamp set. I chose to make a card with this stamp because I thought it would be perfect for a birthday! I chose a pattern from our How-To-Book, Wishes: Simple Side View .  I love the cut-out on the front of the card to reveal a little bit of what is inside. I colored the ice cream truck with some of our ShinHan Markers (Peony Purple, Warm Grey 4, Tender Pink, Turquoise Blue, Golden Yellow, and the Blender for some shading). Then I simply added some of our new washi tape from the Carnival Washi Tape pack (Z3067), s

Christmas Cards

Christmas Card Workshop  - Saturday, November 12 from 10a-3p in my studio in Amelia, VA.   Join me to make 15 cards (3 each of 5 designs). Contact me to register.  Choose one of the options below. Here's the list of tools that I used.