Skip to main content

August Card Club features Paper Fundamentals & a Box

Hello!  I am here today to share another upcoming Card Club (to take place August 27) and this time we are using the Paper Fundamentals Adventure pack (Z2032) AND decorating a Journaling Cards Box (Z1953). 

Cards 08 - CTMH Paper Fundamentals (1)

I used just less than 1/4 of the paper pack to create 12 cards (3 each of the 4 designs).  Then chose any 12x12 sheet of paper from the Paper Fundamentals Adventure pack (Z2032) to cover the Journaling Cards Box (Z1953). 

Cards 08 - CTMH Paper Fundamentals (2)

Since one side of the Paper Fundamentals Adventure pack (Z2032) is white with a pattern and the opposite is the same pattern that has been embossed with a glossy feel it was perfect to cover the Journaling Cards Box (Z1953).

Cards 08 - CTMH Paper Fundamentals (3)

Simply add some White Shimmer Trim (Z3024) and flowers cut with your Art Philosophy cartridge (Z1686) then fill with cards.

Cards 08 - CTMH Paper Fundamentals (6)

Since this paper pack includes 2 each of the 10 colors featured in the Adventure color palette it was easy to put the Cranberry and Topiary sheets together to make a Christmas card.

Cards 08 - CTMH Paper Fundamentals (7)

Since there are 2 colors that I didn’t use (Canary and Sunset) you are able to swap 2 of the colors out if you need to.

Cards 08 - CTMH Paper Fundamentals (5)

These last 2 cards are the same pattern and sentiment.  My thought was that they could be for a boy’s birthday and a girl’s birthday.

Cards 08 - CTMH Paper Fundamentals (4)

Are you wondering yet which stamp set I used?  Shhh…it’s the August stamp of the month which features 3 different frames and tons of sentiments from “Mother’s Day” & “Father’s Day” to “Valentine’s Day” and “For You.”

So would you like to make a set of these cards and the box for yourself?  Simple join us at my August Card Club.  We will make 12 cards (3 each of the 4 designs) & decorate the Journaling Cards Box. Even if you aren’t local, I can mail you a kit that will include my cutting diagrams, instructions, and pictures.

So who wants to join in the fun?

Thursday, August 27 at 6:30pm

Cost is $25 to make 12 cards (3 each of 4 designs) and a Journaling Cards Box

Register by Monday, August 10th

If you can't make it to the workshop, I can put a kit together for you.  Add $5 if shipping applies, and $5 if you want it stamped.
Mark your Calendar for upcoming Card Club Dates:

September 24

Thanks for stopping by.

Jaime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June Card Club–Sympathy and Get Well

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  I hope you are taking some time this weekend to thank those that have fought for our freedom and remember those that lost their lives defending this country.  This weekend is so much more than bright sunny days, grilling food, and spending time with family.  I hope you enjoy every aspect of it. Perhaps these cards can also brighten your day. These are the cards that we will create at my June Card Club on Thursday, June 30 from 6:30-9:30pm . Per requests from my regular attendees, I chose to focus on sympathy and get well cards. This card features a retired stamp set, Kiss It Better , but I really wanted to use it. I love how the band-aids act as closures to the ripped card front. This card is much easier than it looks.  The flower is just circles that have been folded.  I added a stem from our Artiste Cricut collection (which is retiring on July 31 by the way). Having a bad day? This card is sure to brighten it and give you some encouraging wo

June Stamp of the Month Blog Hop–Ice Cream Dream

Yeah!  I am finally getting a chance to participate in another blog hop.  We have 50 Close to My Heart Consultants participating in this month’s Stamp of the Month Blog Hop .    If you lose your place along the way the complete list of participants can be found here.   If you have come here from Kathleen Androlewicz’s Blog you are on the right path. The June Stamp of the Month is entitled Ice Cream Dream (S1506) (Set of 7). Here is a picture of this stamp set. I chose to make a card with this stamp because I thought it would be perfect for a birthday! I chose a pattern from our How-To-Book, Wishes: Simple Side View .  I love the cut-out on the front of the card to reveal a little bit of what is inside. I colored the ice cream truck with some of our ShinHan Markers (Peony Purple, Warm Grey 4, Tender Pink, Turquoise Blue, Golden Yellow, and the Blender for some shading). Then I simply added some of our new washi tape from the Carnival Washi Tape pack (Z3067), s

Christmas Cards

Christmas Card Workshop  - Saturday, November 12 from 10a-3p in my studio in Amelia, VA.   Join me to make 15 cards (3 each of 5 designs). Contact me to register.  Choose one of the options below. Here's the list of tools that I used.